Thursday, September 23, 2010

So Excited!

Well, I've been checking DH's email like a maniac ever since we submitted.  (Obviously!)  So far we've gotten a total of six interview invites!  Obviously, I have nothing to compare it to, but I'm feeling pretty good about that number.  I certainly hope we'll get more, but six interview offers is a good start for the first week of having our application out there.  The most exciting thing, however, is that today we received an interview invitation to our #1 choice!  This was the one that we were sweating the most.  If we didn't get an interview at #1, it was going to be pretty disappointing.  So, needless to say, I am thrilled!  I still haven't gotten a chance to talk to DH about it yet.  (Stupid rotations and not being able to talk on the phone ... )  But I'm sure he will be stoked as well.  Anyways, I was just feeling giddy and had to spread the good news!  Admittedly, it does feel a bit silly to be so excited about something so small.  I mean, there is still a long way to go in the process; the actual interview itself, match, etc.  But this is the first step!  So doggone it, I'm celebrating!  ☺

4 comments:

  1. YAY! An interview at your top choice - that's awesome!!! Congrats and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! So wow! 6? That's a lot. I wonder if it is normal to get an interview at most of the schools you apply to...because I feel like 29 interviews would be insane, especially if they are far away. (But good, obviously, lots of options)

    Sorry for thinking out loud in your comment section :0) I'm just fascinated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats on the interviews! I'll bet getting that many interviews the first week is a huge relief! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the interviews! I just found your blog and am in a very similar situation - Husband is a fourth year medical student applying for pediatrics residency, hate my job and think every day about leaving soon, dream is to be a stay at home mother but have to wait! I look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete