Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy New Year!

Wow ... it has been far too long since I've posted anything.  Time has just gotten away from me!  The rest of November flew by with the onset of interviews and the holidays and that continued through December.  I'm sitting here at home now while DH is away in a hotel room prepping for his final interview tomorrow!  It will be such a relief to have the stress and anxiety of those ten interviews behind us.  But now a whole new stress begins; ranking the programs!

I feel like the last couple of months have been crazy hectic, but also filled with a lot of good moments.  We got to spend a lot of time with family over the holidays.  We got to travel and see different places while on the interview trail.  I got a new job!  Who knows how long I'll be in that position.  It obviously depends on where we match to, but they knew my situation going into it and I am more than relieved to have a much better work environment.

Looking toward the future is exciting.  In 9 short weeks and 2 days we will know where we will be spending the next 3 years!  I promised DH that we could get another dog after we found out where we matched, so he's looking forward to that.  We're contemplating whether to buy or rent a home for residency.  3 years seems so short to buy a place, but depending on where we end up and what the market is like, it may be worthwhile.  I feel like I'm done with apartment living.  It would be so nice to have a house with a yard for the dogs, and just some place that comes with more privacy than living in a complex with hundreds of other people.

Well, with DH gone, I think it may be an early night for me!  I'm going to head to bed with a good book and get a full 8 hours (or more!) sleep tonight.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow - I can't believe Match Day is only 9 weeks away! That's so exciting!

    I hear you about the three year thing... We are SICK of apartment living. (SO SICK OF IT BAAAAAHHHH!) But it just didn't make financial sense to buy a house for three years when we knew we'd possibly be leaving for fellowship. Depending on where (if) he gets a fellowship, maybe we'll buy next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you :) You have an action packed few months ahead of you...So exciting! Hoping for peace and clarity for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. created a food website for md wives in need of some recipes would you mind hosting it on your site?


    www.wix.com/janetenglish1/survivingresidency

    ReplyDelete